Michael Buble’s Christmas album on repeat, gift exchanging & my personal favorite…. holiday cocktails!
It’s finally Christmas time!
I thought I’d share with you guys one of my favorite holiday drinks that my family traditionally makes every year.
If you’re Hispanic like me, you’re probably very familiar with the famous “Coquito”
Here’s what you need:
- 3 cups of water
- 3 table spoons of anise
- 5 table spoons of Cinnamon
- 3-4 table spoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cans of coconut cream
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Rum (I used Flor de Caña!)
You should be able to find most of the ingredients at Publix
Here’s what to do:
1. Place a medium sized pot over a stove and mix in 3 cups of water, 3 table spoons of anise, 5 table spoons of cinnamon & a few cloves
2. Leave the mixture over the stove until it’s boiling
3. In a blender: 2 cans of coconut cream, 1 can of evaporated milk, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 3-4 table spoons of vanilla extract
4. Combine the two mixtures from the pot and blender into a large pan/bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours
5. After refrigerating, add as much rum as your taste buds desire….and voila!